The West Suburban Community Pantry traces its roots to a small pantry dating back to the 1970s. In 1992, the Pantry was incorporated and obtained its 501(c)(3) status in response to the growing need to feed the hungry in DuPage County.
The Pantry operates year-round with a goal that each eligible family in DuPage County receives nutritionally balanced food, including meats, dairy, and fresh produce monthly. We are also registered as an emergency food pantry for Illinois.
A Brief Overview
With the help of volunteers and sponsors, our vision is to eradicate hunger within the families and individuals in the DuPage County area. We are dedicated to providing food for the hungry, educating the donor community about existing needs, and supporting advocacy efforts for the hungry. We also work hard to encourage volunteerism and the sharing of resources.
The Facts for Fiscal Year 2015:
- We distributed 1.6 million pounds of food in our Fiscal Year 2015.
- We served 53,742 individuals, including 21,152 children and 6,386 senior citizens in our Fiscal Year 2015.
- 400 backpacks filled with school supplies were distributed to children in our communities.
- An average of 4,478 persons received perishable and non-perishable food, including fresh produce, milk, eggs, and meat each month in our Fiscal Year 2015.
- 100 students were supplied with a backpack filled with 22 lbs. of food each weekend.
Our Foundation Donors
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation
- Chobani Foundation
- DuPage Community Foundation
- DuPage Medical Group Charitable Fund
- GKN Foundation
- Lisle Community Service Corporation
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Topfer Family Foundation
- Walmart Foundation
- Wilton Industries